This week, i was able to synchronize cyton arm movements creating a new ROS node to control the speed of each joint. I also designed a new gripper with the possibility to attach 2 Force Sensing Resistor.
This week, using an arduino (communicating with PC via TCP/IP) and 3 voltage divider I was able to connect 3 Force Sensing Resistor (FSR). I provisionally installed the sensors and started doing experimental tests so i can later control the robotic gripper movements -grab, hold and drop objects.
This week, I worked with Kinect and used openni_tracker package to track my hand coordinates, so i can set those coordinates as the desired goal for cyton end effector position.
The work I did in the past 3 weeks was a turning point as this week I could finally get the inverse kinematics and Jacobian for Cyton applying a KDL solver. This means I’m now able to move the robot to a desired end effector coordinates inside it’s workspace.
This week, using MoveIt! tutorials I was able to create a Semantic Robot Description Format (SRDF) and a few additional configuration files for Cyton gamma 1500. With these files it will be possible to use the MoveIt package to calculate the inverse kinematics.
This week, I created the controller for Cyton dynamixel servos following the ROS dynamixel tutorials. These tutorials describe how to connect and examine raw feedback from Robotis Dynamixel servos.
This week, I used CATIA v5 software to create a prototype which enable me to hold the force sensor in the robot’s arm.
This week I’ve learned how to manage EAGLE Software and developed a PCB to convert the intervals of the issued signals transmitted by the transducer for a 0-5 V range, so it can be read by the arduino.
This week I familiarized myself with ROS (Robot Operating System) and C++ with the help of tutorials, research and also attended a ROS workshop. This will be crucial in helping me explore and create applications for the thesis that I’m currently developing.